Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, May 22, 2010

Ok, I didn't blog yesterday as I was ill. My stomach has been hurting for weeks, along with my feet and my back (must go to chiropractor). I am very tired and hope I don't have Candida. I may need an antibiotic for my stomach though (which increases likelihood of Candida, so then will need to eat more plain unflavored yogurt and probiotics). The baby Zachary has been needy, maybe on a growth spurt (eating constantly - where are the full diapers though?) meaning I had a very difficult day yesterday. We bought some formula just in case he wasn't getting enough milk, but no way was he going to take a bottle. :) It is a lot of work but worth every moment to have this precious child in our lives. My moments of peace and calm in the nursery are wonderful. It is how I stay as rested and as energized as I can to do for and be what this baby needs. I can be relaxed in there so I can nurse well and the beautiful sunlight coming in the window is light and bright (almost like going to the mountains, but not having to go through all the work of preparing to go and actually go :)). The aspen trees of our neighbors flutter and the leaves are like silver dollars in the breeze. Having a nursery is imperative with a brand newborn. Because it is a space and a place for comforting and being present for the new life in the world. Without all the hustle and bustle of everything else. Have a great day, all!

1 comment:

  1. People get Candida in dry Utah? I wouldn't have expected that. Hope all are well!

    ReplyDelete